LoRad is a worldwide patented, CE-approved audio grade shielded mains cable, availble "off the reel", using multi-stranded tin-plated OFC Conductors. The cable is a shielded via an aluminium foil screen, which is in "touching" contact with the semi-conductive insulation of the earth conductor.
LoRad 2.5 is rated at up to 16Amps and hence can be used for both "monster" amplifiers, as well as for use with distribution blocks or as a dedicated spur from fuse box/distribution board to wall socket(s).
The benefits of LoRad have been established for some time now - as the cable is one of the few available worldwide that is fully CE approved. The main benefit is the shielding which helps to ensure that other low level signal cables are not affected by the close proximity of the LoRad mains cable - induced RF interference has been one of the biggest bug-bears of high quality audio and video reproduction and so by equipping one's hi-fi or AV system with LoRad, you should both see and hear a difference.
These cables are NOT factory-terminated, due to BS regulations, which state that the cable diameter must need exceed 1.5sq mm and are made by our trained technicians
Note: Supra do not recommend that LoRad cable is alid inside walls or under floorboards, where it's presence cannot easily be detected by conventional mains cable.
- Supra LoRad 2.5 CS-EU Mains Cable
- Length: 1.5m
- 3x 2.5mm sq. cores of tin-plated multi-stranded OFC cable
- External Diameter: 11.0mm
- Brown (Live), Blue (Neutral) and Green/Yellow (Earth) coloured insulation jackets
- Semi-conductive earth insulation - no drain wires!!
- High quality 99.99% coverage foil screen
- Highly flexible outer insulation (easily passed CE-regulation 2x 30,000x "bends" test!!)
- Approx. 16A rating (@ 230V)